Sunday, July 20, 2008

Finally got some decent shots of the Chekov necklace, although for some reason (possibly for the sole purpose of driving me mad while wasting tremendous amounts of my time), the photo of the full necklace will not load properly-- it keeps rotating sideways, and when I uploaded it to Flickr and rotated it, Blogger won't link to it. Apparently Blogger REALLY thinks it looks better sideways. So if you want to see that one, click here. Go ahead, it's worth a look.
Anyway, did I mention that I'm really proud of this piece? Here's the full text, from one of Chekov's personal letters:

"My holy of holies is the human body, health, intelligence, talent, inspiration, love, and the most absolute freedom-- freedom from violence and lying (...) This is the programme I would follow if I were a great artist."


The clasp, a paper tile plus hammered sterling toggle:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! It is so unique and has such a unique clasp!