Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Bangle!


My mother-in-law clarified the bangle vs. cuff issue for me. I was using width as the crucial component of meaning, but apparently it's standard for presence vs. absence of an opening to be the relevant property. So now I know, and I can say with confidence that it's BANGLES that I've been working on (though I did start a cuff today, just because I could).

Anyway, my first one is done!
I'm fairly pleased. The structure is recycled paper, but the visible decorative part is not. The text reads, "Everything was grey and cold. As though to match the gloom around us, we ourselves grew silent." The author is Frank Boreham, whose 1919 book of essays I dug up rather randomly at Project Gutenberg, as is my wont. Wait till you see the one I'm working on now, with a Chekov quote!

No comments: