Saturday, November 8, 2008

One thing I've never been too good at is planning too far ahead. Left to my own devices, I think about a month ahead at most. No, it's never served me very well, and it's a good thing people usually nudge me when I need to do things sooner.

A month out won't do it in the art biz, either, alas. I have to apply to shows 6-9 months in advance, and now that it's noticeably fall, it's high time I start giving serious thought to my spring colors. I'm just now getting used to the idea that winter is coming, and I'm supposed to think spring colors?!

Thank goodness for Pantone. I certainly don't follow their suggestions slavishly, but it's very useful for getting my art on the right color paths when my mind is still lingering months behind in the present. What colors have I chosen? You'll have to wait to find out, I'm afraid...I will not inflict unseasonality on my unsuspecting readers. (In this respect I choose the moral high ground over retailers like our local Hobby Lobby, who had Christmas decorations out in August. That's just wrong!)

No comments: