Saturday, December 13, 2008

Having one of those "Why didn't I think of that?" moments. As you might guess, I have a lot of paper to store-- most of it in very large sheets that don't fit anywhere very conveniently. I have some of it hanging clipped onto pants clothes hangers, and most of it sort of piled around in an of-course-completely-organized manner.

Just read an article by Judith Jaimet Bainbridge in the new issue of Bound and Lettered, giving considerations for calligraphers when choosing papers. She suggests the ridiculously simple yet effective solution of taking two large pieces of acid-free foam core, taping them together on one side, and using them as a giant folder.

Eureka! Bless you, Judith Jaimet Bainbridge.

Incidentally, I was also happy to discover that we share the same favorite calligraphy paper: Arches textwove. Not always what I use for dyeing, but for lettering on, it can't be beat (though Hahnemuele Copperplate is definitely in the running).

No comments: