Sunday, June 7, 2009

Another Hoosier Hills Fiberarts Festival has concluded-- a very nice show for those who love fiber-- lots of colorful dyed yarn, roving, and knitting/felting gear. And finished items. This weekend, as is usual at this show, I spent a lot of time trying to figure out how I can possibly incorporate some of this wonderful fiber into my work. I haven't figured it out yet, but one of these days, by golly, I'll do it. Actually I got quite a few very good suggestions along these lines from people there-- one of the benefits of a show where not only the exhibitors but also most of the guests are artists.

Next weekend is my first Fair of the Arts for the season. This show is in conjunction with the Bloomington Farmer's Market-- since it's only a half day, you have to plan accordingly-- but hey, you can go to the farmer's market, too (bonus!). The market is really hitting its stride about now, too-- greens and strawberries and some summer veggies starting to come in, plus the perennial cheeses, meats, mushrooms, maple syrup, coffee, wine...oh yeah.

No comments: