Friday, October 30, 2009

Whitman sampler

I've been backsliding! I was doing so well with the frequent blogging for a while there. I was in a bit of a frenzy to finish getting things ready for the River Arts Fest-- I'll blog about that soon-- and then I went to Memphis for a week for it, and then earlier this week I returned home and had to recuperate.
Ok, enough excuses. Here's a little eye-candy for you.
I made this piece for my philosopher for an anniversary present-- it's one of his favorite quotes, and very appropriate for a philosopher (especially one who has an interest in human rationality, or lack thereof). The geometric shapes that form the border are hand-embossed (well, debossed, technically). It was a bit tricky since I don't have a light table. But it turned out perfectly. Blind embossing may be my new favorite thing.

No comments: