Friday, January 16, 2009

For about the past month I've been trying to come up with a version of the much-loved heart pendant that I like. It's been tough going, but here we are at last:


Textured paper, dusted with pearlescent pigment and a scattering of sterling leaf. What you can't see in this photo is the substrate layer of paper, which is a simple, white recycled paper made from the scraps of all my other projects. I think it works nicely in this application. Normally the recycled paper is a bit weak (short fibers, dontcha know) and can't take the treatment I dish out-- but here, the resin provides a good deal of strength and structure to the piece, so the recycled bits hold up perfectly well.
I think one of these would make an especially nice first wedding anniversary gift-- the first anniversary is the paper anniversary, after all!

No comments: