Friday, May 9, 2008

I know, I know, I've been a slack blogger again. AGAIN.

In my defense, I've been getting ready for the Nashville art festival this weekend. Plus, much to my dismay, I woke up one recent morning to find a small multitude of termites whooping it up in the front entryway; this required appointments with exterminators, and then a rush to move several of my herb plants that were living a little too close to the treatment zone. This involves extending the edge of my garden so I have somewhere to put them. A job I haven't actually finished quite yet, and the bug guys are coming this afternoon.

In the herbal shenanigans category, last week I came across a recipe for limoncello. Thought I'd do my own version: trimmed back some of my lemon balm, snipped it up and stuffed it along with maybe a teaspoon of finely grated lemon zest into a mason jar. Covered in vodka. Let it steep for a few days. Yesterday it was time for the reveal: strained it off, mixed it with equal parts of a simple syrup. Soooo good! Particularly when mixed with blueberry-pomegranate juice.

There you go, my greatest accomplishment for the week.

Friday cat blogging coming later today, stay tuned.

No comments: