Friday, September 19, 2008

Well, it's about time for another update on Project Panglossia. This week's offering (actually, it's from a couple weeks ago: I'm behind on posting as usual): Irish Gaelic.

inis dom, 'tell me'

Eist, 'listen'

By the way, if anyone notices me getting anything wrong in my translations, I'd like to know. Obviously, I don't speak all these languages-- sometimes I get translations from native speakers or second language speakers who know the language well, but mostly I use reference grammars and dictionaries to generate the forms. I do my best to get it right, and I'd like to think that if it's a well-written grammar, I will arrive at a correct result, but of course things aren't always that simple-- there's always room for error. So please tell me if you find one.

No comments: