Thursday, April 17, 2008

Ah, spring. The problem is, all I want to do now is go walking around. This is a problem because, although exercise is welcome and needed, my feet reject all my shoes this time of year, and I end up rotating through wave after wave of blisters until the delightful weather is long gone. Every once in a great while I find a pair of shoes that loves me back, and I wear them for about 8 years straight until they're literally falling apart, having long since lost the glow of youth. I usually wait until I am forced to conclude that the property of not giving me blisters counts for nothing if I'm getting burns on the bottom of my feet from the asphalt due to the large hole that has developed in the bottom of the shoes. Then I throw them out, go buy a new pair, discover that they give me blisters, and regret my having forsaken the tattered rags that were my old shoes. Oh, how I pay for so betraying my old friends.

All of which is just to say that I now have two separate sets of blisters on my heels, blisters on my pinky toes, and proto-blisters on the pads of my feet, and I deeply, deeply miss the sandals I threw out last year. *sob*

No comments: