Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Well, I have some form of spring fever, it's clear. I find that all I want to do is work in the garden and make these floral pendants. Here's a few I've started in the past couple of days-- they're still at the beginning of the varnishing process, they'll be ready to wear in a couple of weeks. I even started a full 7-panel necklace with the dandelion pattern (the kelly green with yellow dandelions and white poofs). I should have it done in time for the Nashville Spring Blossom Festival May 10-11-- I certainly hope so, because it'll be perfect for that event!

The actual garden is coming along, too...I found a couple of takers for the garlic chives, so those are being thinned out. Have had occasion to trim the lemon balm a little (turned it along with some of last year's dried apple mint into a syrup for my iced tea). Bought some basil, cilantro, parsley, nasturtium, and lettuce, which I will finish installing today.

Oh, and for fans of handmade soap-- I just tried out a new bar of cinnamon soap from Simple Soapworks, and I feel the need to rave. I smell so good right now. Tip for you local folks: I got it at Bloomingfoods. So go get some for yourself. Now.

No comments: