Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Just been plugging away these past few days, turning the paper I already have made into wearable objects. Here's one using some of that recycled paper with the cheesecloth embedded that I made a couple of weeks ago, spiffed up with a little gold leaf.

Quite a different look from most of my other work-- instead of not appearing to be paper, it practically screams "Paper here! Hello!". It's a little more delicate than my other, multi-varnished pieces are, but as long as I don't run it through the dishwasher, sit on it, or hit it with a hammer, it'll be all right. But that goes for most things, I think. The same could be said of Ballyhoo, for example.

Oh, and I'm excited about the prospect of rendering food legible. Or rendering books edible. Or both, at the same time. My philosopher forwarded me this link to the International Edible Book Festival. They like it to occur around April 1st; that gives me about a month to come up with something. Toastmania may be way ahead of me on this, but I'll come up with something good, just you wait and see. Anyone care to join me?

4 comments:

Hey Harriet said...

Woohoo! Just clicked your link about the Book Festival. That sounds really interesting & I'll be looking into it further. Thanks so much for sharing that!

High Desert Diva said...

An edible book festival on April Fool's Day....gotta love it!

tatsuko said...

That pendant is gorgeous!

CopperSpringsLeather said...

Sounds like fun!